Dascha Polanco is a true style icon in the world of hair. We've seen the chameleonic actress brag from a bold gray tint last year to classic curls at our party for "The 50 Most Beautiful" going through a bob with peach-colored bangs. Yesterday the Orange is the New Black (Netflix) star hit the white carpet at the MTV Video Music Awards boasting an updated classic hairstyle that we loved.
The celebrity stylist, Cynthia Álvarez, who was in charge of combing the hair of the Dominican actress, shared with us how she got Dascha's incredible hairstyle.
1. Apply foam on the wet roots to increase the natural volume of the hair.
2. Separate the hair to one side just above the arch of the eyebrow. From there turn the hair towards the neck and secure it with two interlocked pins.
3. Blow-dry hair using a large round brush and curl each section with pins as you go.
4. Put some metallic jewelry like Dascha, or any other detail that you want to add, to give a unique touch to your hair.
5. Remove the pins and run your fingers along the length of the curls for a smooth moving effect. Cynthia used Dove's Style + Care Flexible Hold Fixer to prevent loose hair.
6. Set the style with hairspray while combing the hair back.