The Victoria's Secret show is one of the most anticipated of the year and it's not for less. The company throws the house out the window with a show full of music, color, incredible designs and some of the most beautiful models in the world. The parade became so popular that after spending many years in New York, they decided to take it to other countries. Being part of this event is the dream of many models, but unfortunately, for those who have not succeeded, that will no longer be possible. The show has been canceled.
The news was announced by the Australian model Shanina Shaik, one of the Victoria's Secret angels who for several years participated in the great event and who now, in her words, feels a little lost.
"Unfortunately the Victoria's Secret show will not take place this year," the model told The Daily Telegraph newspaper. "It's something I'm not used to because every year by this time I was already training like an angel."
Although the model said that apparently she was trying to reinvent herself and is looking for new ideas for the show, the truth is that for several years now the company has been having financial problems. In addition, a few months ago CNBC revealed that it had sent a statement to the brand letting them know that that station was no longer interested in broadcasting the parade. In fact, according to the television station, the parade last year had the worst rating in its history.
The parade, in which models such as Gigi Hadid, Kendall Jenner, Adriana Lina, Alessandra Ambrosio and Gisele Bündchen, among others, paraded, began 23 years ago and was in 2001 the first time it was broadcast on television.
So far the company has not commented on it. We hope that things improve and that in the future we will enjoy this majestic show again.
Popular by topic
Little Giants goes off the air due to the coronavirus crisis
María Contreras-Sweet and her partners withdrew their offer to buy The Weinstein Company, the Hollywood producer's company in trouble for its sexual behavior
The producer of the unauthorized series on the life of Luis Miguel, Pedro Torres, talks about how this television project is going
Experts advise maintaining flexibility in negotiating a return due to wedding cancellations during the pandemic
Bruce Lehr, one of the lawyers for Mexican actor Pablo Lyle, announced the cancellation of his hearing on Tuesday