2023 Author: Steven Freeman | [email protected]. Last modified: 2023-11-27 15:22
A 12-year-old girl contracted a meat-eating bacteria while swimming on a Florida beach. The minor contracted a serious illness when a 'meat-eating' bacteria infected her leg. Kylei Parker and her family went on vacation to a beach in Destin, Florida earlier this month and at the end of the trip, she began to feel pain in her leg. By the time they got home to Indiana, her leg was swollen and she had a fever.
The girl's mother, Michelle Brown, initially called her pediatrician for an appointment but he asked her to take her daughter to an emergency room. "When they told me I had to get home, pack my bags, and go to Riley Children's Hospital [in Indianapolis], my anxiety went from 0 to 10," the distressed mother told Fox 59. "I knew something was wrong."
Upon arriving at the hospital, doctors first thought Kylei had a blood clot, but "her blood pressure was still dropping," the mother added. "It was very difficult".
Doctors later determined that Kylei had necrotizing fasciitis and his tissues were beginning to break down after contracting a bacterium that attacked his skin and tissues. The bacteria possibly contracted it on the beach in Florida and entered her body due to an injury that the girl had sustained a few days before in the big toe when riding her skateboard. The girl had to have an emergency operation to stop the infection.
The mother adds that she does not want to think what would have happened if they had waited a few more hours to seek medical attention. After spending a week in the hospital, Kylei is now recovering at home. Then you will have to do therapy to heal your leg.
"I have told my mom many times that I just want to be normal again," said the girl. Michelle warns other parents not to allow their children to swim in the sea or rivers if they have cuts and scrapes on their skin. Seeing other families enjoying the beach in the summer, the mother remembers all the nightmare they lived with their daughter. "It is so difficult to see friends and family having fun on the beach because we went to do the same and almost lost it," she reflected.
Kierra Eames, a young mother living in Utah recounted the ordeal she lived after counting a carnivorous bacteria and losing an arm: she almost died
Eight-year-old Liam Flagan died after carnivorous bacteria entered his body from injury while playing on his bike
Josué Zurita, 31, who helped victims of Hurricane Hervey died in Galveston, Texas, after being diagnosed with necrotizing fasciitis
An expert gives you tips to keep your face creams free of microbes and bacteria
Ugh! The amount of bacteria on your gym equipment will make you seriously question ever working out again