If you have noticed your Instagram account, in October the platform launched a new sticker on your stories. What does it mean?
This is a new initiative to help raise awareness about online bullying: a global sticker in Stories, designed to support anti-bullying initiatives around the world. The sticker, created by Brazilian illustrator Leo Natsume, seeks to inspire the Instagram community and raise awareness about the importance of stopping bullying on platforms.
“Instagram is committed to leading the fight against online bullying and continues to develop anti-long-term initiatives. The launch of this new sticker is in line with the latest tools announced by the platform, which help combat and prevent online bullying. These include the 'Restrict' function, which limits comments and messages from people you don't want to interact with without blocking it, and the '' Comments Alert function, which uses artificial intelligence to notify people when they comment for publishing can be considered offensive”, issued Instagram through a statement.
To enable restrictions just go to your account settings and follow the next steps.
- On your profile, tap the menu icon or swipe left
- Tap on “Settings” and then tap on “Privacy”
- Under Connections, tap "Restricted accounts"
- This will activate an educational screen with more information on how to restrict an account. Tap "Start"
- Find the account you want to restrict and tap "Add"
- Tap "Restricted" to see all of your restricted accounts. You can tap "Delete" if you want to remove an account from this setting.
You can protect your account from unwanted interactions with the 'Restrict' option.
“Bullying is a complex problem, and we know that young people face a disproportionate amount of bullying online, but are reluctant to report or block peers who bully them. Restrict is designed to allow you to quietly protect your account without losing sight of the stalker,”say Instagram reps.